Tuesday 5 August 2014

Summer Party

So I have decided to pick up my virtual pad and pen once more and get back to blogging.
After thinking I had deleted the account and then later today discovering it was here all along, I am back. ( modern technology - don't you just love it?)

As some of you are aware from my previous blogs, I have been planning Events for Hastings Direct in Newmarket , and most recently we had our Summer Party.
I absolutely love getting my hands on these parties, and yet again the feedback has been overwhelming. 

I decided on a theme of a Traditional Summer Holiday; the kind you have as a kid by the seaside with candy floss and a coconut shy. No stress, just good old fashioned fun!
I also wanted something with the WOW factor and thought on this for a while.

We picked a local venue, The Bedford Lodge , Newmarket. 
It has a modern yet homely feel, and the gardens and patio area were perfect for our needs. 


We also used a company called fun4events who gave us some great seaside themed games , plus Candy floss and Popcorn. 
We had an ice cream parlour supplied by Toni's Ices , offering traditional home made Ice Cream.

Cupids Wish yet again wowed us with their talents , performing current and classic tunes all evening, the dance floor is never empty with these guys ... trust me!

Last, but by no means least, I give you Captain Jack Sparrow , otherwise known as Melo Sparrow; UK's Award Winning Johnny Depp and Captain Jack Lookalike.
Melo was hired as a surprise to our guests and we were all blown away.
He captured the essence of Captain Jack Sparrow entirely, making us truly believe he had spent the day sailing the sea's.
Melo is not just a lookalike though, he embraces all of Captain Jack's mannerisms to a fine art and amazed us all.



All in all a great evening and I'm now looking at Christmas for us all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment